Thursday, February 19, 2009

Shiny new hardware

Last friday, I picked up my old server from our local computer shop. They helpfully transformed it for me into a new family pc, complete with ATI HD3800 gpu and a 19 inch widescreen monitor. And yes, it does make a huge difference when compared to the laptop I used before! Especially the Eve Online graphics are much better. Unfortunately I haven't been able to enter Second Life on it yet; each time I try, the graphics driver crashes. Any hints would be welcome..

Meanwhile, here's a shot from Eve Online. It shows the shark fin or mohawk on top of my Myrmidon battlecruiser, which reflects the dust and gas clouds surrounding it, complete with the greenish colour of the skies in this particular system. The level of detail is really stunning, especially when viewed in large format of course!

No comments: